Many folks come to UUSM with a host of questions ranging from “What is Unitarian Universalism?” “What do UUs believe?” “What programs do you have at this church?” Our Inquirers Series is designed to help answer these questions and many others.
A total of nine sessions will be presented from Sunday, February 9, through Sunday, May 3 at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm, in room 1, second floor of Forbes. You may attend any class at any time; it is not necessary to attend them in sequence nor is it necessary to attend them all, although we hope you do so.
The following is a list of sessions:
- 2/9/20 Session 1: UU Principles, Sources, and Historical Overview. Facilitated by long-time UUs John Oliver and Sharon Harrell.
- 2/16/20 Session 2: Worship and the Liturgical Year. Abby Arnold, Worship Associate.
- 2/23/20 Session 3: Campus Tour, Orientation, and Church History. Beth Brownlie, Facilities Past Chairperson, and Bryan Oakes, Architect
- 3/1/20 Session 4: Faith-in-Action Commission. Sarah Mae Harper, Co-Chair. Under its umbrella are the Peace & Social Justice Committee and the Green Committees.
- Two-Week Break
- 3/22/20 Session 5: Faith Development for Children and Youth. Cleo Anderson, Director of Religious Education. Our Whole Lives (OWL) Program, Beth Rendeiro, Coordinator
- 4/5/20 Session 6: Q & A with the Minister. Rev Jeremiah Kalendae
- One-Week Break
- 4/19/20 Session 7: Adult Programs: Opportunities for Personal & Spiritual Growth. Beverly Shoenberger, Chairperson. Heart to Heart Groups, Cheryl Sims, Chairperson.
- 4/26/20 Session 8: Pastoral Care. Ron Crane, Past President. Care Ring, Linda van Ligten, Care Ring Committee.
- 5/3/20 Session 9: The Meaning of Membership and the Path to Membership. Norm Richey, Co-Chair, Membership Committee, and Barbara Gibbs, Membership Committee.
You may attend any or all of these sessions, whether you are a visitor, a new member or a long-time member of the congregation. For first time visitors to UUSM, we offer a brief Visitor MeetUp after each Sunday Service. At the conclusion of Visitor MeetUp you will be invited to join the Inquirers Series the following Sunday.
Inquirers Sessions will be held weekly from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm, in room 1, second floor of Forbes after the service.
Please join us…the sessions are interesting, educational and informative!